We can be contacted by telephone on 01189712167 or email email@example.com. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by post at our Registered Office address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the following information very carefully:
As a responsible lender, Universal Car Credit Ltd has a legal obligation to take steps to ensure that our customers are creditworthy.
We use a variety of methods to try to make sure that we do not lend money to people who are in financial difficulty. One of these is to carry out a credit reference check. In order to do this, we shall pass the personal data that you provide to us in your loan application to a number of credit reference agencies (CRA) called Perfect Data Solutions Limited which trades as Lending Metrics. Lending Metrics provide us with data about a customer's credit history and borrowing habits. You can contact Lending Metrics at Lancaster Court, 8 Barnes Wallis Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5TU in writing to request the information that they hold about you (please note, a small statutory fee may be payable).
Important - Your Personal Information Credit decisions and also the prevention of fraud and money laundering We may use credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help us make decisions. What we do and how both we and credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will use your information is detailed in the section called: A condensed guide to the use of your personal information by ourselves and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies. By confirming your agreement to proceed you are accepting that we may each use your information in this way.
A condensed guide to the use of your personal information by ourselves and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
1) When you apply to us to open an account, this organisation will check the following records about you and others (see 2 below) a) Our own database;
b) Those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
c) Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
Transunion International UK Limited, One Park Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1EP www.transunion.co.uk/crain
Equifax Ltd Customer Service Centre PO Box 10036 Leicester LE3 4FS www.equifax.co.uk
Perfect Data Solutions Limited (trading as LendingMetrics) Lancaster Court 8 Barnes Wallis Road Fareham, PO15 5TU www.lendingmetrics.com
2) If you are making a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
3) Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
4) If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
5) If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
6) Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
How to find out more
This is a condensed version and if you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used please visit our website at universlacarcredit.com or phone 01189712167 and ask one of our staff.
You can contact Lending Metrics at Lancaster Court, 8 Barnes Wallis Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5TU in writing to request the information that they hold about you (please note, a small statutory fee may be payable).